It’s 2013 Membership Renewal Time!
If you’re a member of the ATA, it’s time to renew for 2013–the first time in two years! We’ve had a lot of accomplishments since our inception, and we have a lot planned for 2013 and beyond! Here’s a copy of the letter we sent to our members. Please follow the instructions for renewal. If you would like to join ATA, click here.
Dear ATA members,
It’s been an exciting year for the American Treibball Association, and we’d like to thank you for being part of that excitement and accomplishments. We now have almost 300 members, in six countries, participating in this sport—and it’s growing! For a young organization and a new sport, we’re excited about the future.
2013 brings fresh opportunities for you to get involved with ATA (more information coming):
- The first live ATA Sanctioned Trial is planned for early 2013, with some fun matches planned along the way. The Sanctioned Trial and Competition Rules, along with the registration forms, are on our website and in the ATA member yahoo email group. Stay tuned for dates!
- Several regional Treibball training workshops are on the agenda, as are Trainer Certification Academies throughout the U.S. to make them more convenient for Level II and III members to attend.
- ATA is currently developing organizational committees and establishing regional divisions, so trainers, facilities and general members can work together on a local level to better their training and foster competition.
- ATA is in the process of developing Virtual Titles. Additionally, ATA is working with Cyber Rally-O and Agility VALOR to create sanctioned Virtual Versatility titles. Virtual titles are in a separate category than ATA titles in live competitions. These titles do not conflict with those won in live Trials, but will allow our members in outlying areas and overseas, with little or no access to live trials, to compete. You may have seen ATA virtual fun matches on Facebook—they continue to be spirited videos showing various stages of training!
- ATA is currently updating the Introductory and Intermediate handbooks, and has just released the Advanced handbook. All Level II and Level III renewing members will get the Advanced handbook, and the others after revision. Level I renewing members will get the revised Introductory handbook.
If you joined the ATA before September 2012, it’s time to renew your membership by January 31, 2013. To renew via PayPal: go to http://www.americantreibballassociation.org. Click the Membership tab, then select the Renew subtab. Be sure to include your membership number; your membership level and member number are shown on your membership card.
To renew via check or money order, send to: ATA, P.O. Box 33780, Northglenn, CO 80233-0780.
We look forward to your continued participation, commitment, and ideas in 2013 and beyond.
Dianna L. Stearns
President, American Treibball Association